Today, custom engineering firm Comark Corporation announced two new edge computing devices, the Comark 12” High Performance Removable Rugged Tablet and the Comark 10” High Performance Removable Rugged Tablet. Both tablets can be ordered as is or be used as the foundation of a more complex, customized solution.
The Comark 12” High Performance Removable Rugged Tablet can be mounted in-vehicle then detached for use in the field by police, fire, emergency medical services (EMS), or other users who may prefer a larger screen size, similar to a laptop, but in a tablet format. The Comark 10” Removable Rugged Tablet is convenient for users who prefer a more compact tablet for use in industries such as utilities, logistics, and manufacturing.
The Comark 12” comes with a:
- Large, 12.2 inch display, giving it the viewing area of a laptop but the mobility of a tablet
- Bright, 800 NIT polarized screen, readable outdoors or in-vehicle
The Comark 10” has a:
- 10.1 inch display
- Polarized 550 NIT screen
Both ruggedized tablets are built for outdoor use and:
- Are impact resistant, to withstand drops of up to 4 feet
- Have an IP65 rating, to withstand dust and water exposure
- Meets the MIL-STD-810G standard
These innovative designs also allow easier data collection on the go with features including:
- Two digital cameras (one in front and one in back with a flash)
- Multi-touch, projected capacitive (PCAP) touchscreen, which allows for signatures and other, similar interactions
The new Comark tablets allow communication via a wide variety of options such as:
- Bluetooth, for wireless communication over a short distance
- 4G LTE multi-carrier mobile broadband, for faster exchange of information
- 2D Scanner
Familiar yet powerful computing capabilities included in these tablets are comprised of:
- Optional Windows 10 IoT Enterprise 64Bit
- Optional Linux Ubuntu
- An Intel i7 processor
- 8 GB of memory
- 128 GB of storage
Comark maintains an in-house testing laboratory at its U.S. based manufacturing facility and supplements testing resources as necessary to achieve specific standards. Tests measure resistance to temperature, humidity, vibration, and electromagnetic interference (EMI), among other factors. Comark’s attention to detail and ISO 9001 compliance help Comark achieve one of the lowest warranty failure rates in the industry.
Contact us to learn how the Comark 10” High Performance Removable Rugged Tablet and the Comark 12” High Performance Removable Rugged Tablet can be configured to meet your unique business and technology needs or to buy online.
Founded in 1974, Comark is one of the largest independent providers of customized mission-critical edge computing and display solutions in the world. Comark has deployed millions of units for clients in fire and life safety, government, industrial and building automation, logistics, oil and gas, retail, and other industries which require adherence to rigorous safety, security, performance, and reliability standards. That’s because every Comark project has “Trust Built In”SM. Learn more at https://comarkcorp.com.